Fashionably Early... Gallery of Australian Design



Canberra will be host to a very exciting exhibition: Designing Australian Fashion Futures, which will showcase fashion student's work from all around Australia. GAD will provide the public with the opportunity to try on and wear some off the most innovative and fresh designs! Also a component of the exhibition will have work from graduates which you can already checkout on the Fashionable Early website.

I'm pretty excited because something like this hasn't really happened in my time in Canberra, especially since I've been studying fashion. I will be involved a little in this exhibition by helping out with coordinating the blog component of the website.

Oh oh in addition there will be a forum hosted by the Australian Fashion Research Network (AFRN). So there's an academic component and a fashion component. I will post shortly pics from the last AFRN seminar  I attended in Melbourne, where the Linda Jackson gave a great talk about her practices.


No comments: